Starts September 2020
Create a large number of coordinated pieces or several whole cloth pieces of fabric, learn a range of colour and surface design techniques, demystify some of those colour products you may have in the cupboard! This class will be a source of inspiration that will keep you creating for years. Look at textile art like you never have before! I promise.
Initially spread over 12 monthly sessions, the class material is yours forever.
Monthly content will include:
- Creating depth and dimension with the painted surface;
- Designing with sheer fabrics;
- Building texture and layers with 'exotic' fabrics;
- Man made meltables - an endless world of dimensional embellishment;
- Adding elements that are not quite fabric;
- Metal, wire and bling;
- I am going to iron WHAT onto that? Fusible elements but not as the manufacturer designed them;
- Not your Nana's needlework - using stitch as a design element;
- Fibre to fabric, felting and more; and
- The embellished surface; tieing it all together.
Each month you will get unique content including video tutorials, pdf worksheets and handouts to print or save, loads of examples of different finishes and effects and projects so you can use your fabric if you want to.
You can start at any stage and work through the material in your own time. Once you have access to the online content, it remains with you permanently. You can go back to it at any time. Tutor support is always available via email and other means.
Once you book in, you will receive log in details. Each month new material will be released as close to the first Saturday of the month as possible. You can access any material, any time once it is released.