Danni Reynolds is better known in the sewing world as co-inventor and maker of Eppiflex templates, a reusable English Paper Piecing template. But while she is an avid hand sewer, her passion for free motion quilting is undeniable. Her quilt "Coffee at the Casbah" (shown in the images) made it to the front cover of Quilters Companion magazine and went on to win first place in its category of their Best of Australia Hall of Fame.
Danni has been teaching sit down Free-Motion quilting for over 6 years. In that time she has noticed that muscle memory is key to developing free motion skills and so has written a FMQ Playbook to help aspiring quilters develop this easy technique. This FMQ for beginners class uses Danni's book to start beginners on their quilting journey. Even those with a little experience will benefit from further developing good form and an understanding of how patterns are made.
In addition to hands-on tutoring, you'll receive one of Danni's A3 Playbooks and a pre-printed fabric panel and ten fabric/wadding/fabric sandwiches to work on as part of your class fee. Any purchases will be available at a 10% discount in store on the day.
The class will run from 10.00 to 4.00 with an hour for lunch in the middle. It will be run out of the Kirkwood Store in Belconnen Mall.
We will be doing everything in our power to keep this event Covid safe. Masks, check in, ticketing and hand sanitation will be mandatory. Numbers are limited to ensure social distancing. A ticket is essential.
- Good quality thread that is a dark colour. Your fabric sandwiches will all be light.
- Sewing machine in good working order plus extension table if you have one
- New machine needle in your machine
- Darning / free motion foot
- Quilting gloves if you have them**.
- Slider mat if you have one**.
- Open ended (self threading) needle**.
- Fabric pen (water erasable)**.
- Sharp pencil and a pencil sharpener
**Some will be available for purchase in store on the day.